1. Yesterday marked 19 full years since Buffy Summers, Chosen One and Number One Slayer, first graced our television sets on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
Getty ImagesID: 8189272
2. You remember Buffy, yes? The most important show of the ’90s and early ’00s?
Getty ImagesID: 8189283
3. The show that would, over the course of seven seasons, make us feel every emotion on the human spectrum?
Getty ImagesID: 8189287
4. Since those days, Buffy (AKA Sarah Michelle Gellar) has grown up and taken on lots of different roles and projects…
5. …but she’s still got a special place for the show in her heart. And every so often she treats us to #TBT pics and memories on her Instagram.
“So it’s #throwbackthursday and #nationalhugday – what do you say @sethgreen and #alysonhannigan? Who are you hugging today??”
6. And so, to commemorate the show’s 19th anniversary, she posted a picture of Buffy from the very first episode, with a sweet message about gratitude.
“19 years ago tonight, I got to introduce you to #buffyannesummers (and #mrpointy too) thank you for taking the incredible journey with me and continuing still. I am and forever will be #grateful”
7. Remember that iconic blue blouse? It’s the blouse Buffy wore when she first kicked Darla’s ass.
Mutant Enemy ProductionsID: 8189193
8. It’s the blouse she wore when she and Willow chilled at The Bronze for the first time, chatting about boys.
Mutant Enemy Productions
Haha, Willow. So much ahead of you, girl.
9. It’s the blouse she wore when she FIRST MET ANGEL.
Mutant Enemy ProductionsID: 8189207
10. And he gave her that very, very important necklace. Geez, that blouse was so important.
Mutant Enemy ProductionsID: 8189200
11. Love you forever, Buff.
Mutant Enemy Productions / Via i-walk-with-heroes.tumblr.comID: 8189573