Use these metabolism boosters as a way to rev up a slow metabolism or increase an already healthy metabolism. Here are several ways to enhance your metabolism.
1. Drink lemon water right when you wake up. This is a great morning ritual that will help kickstart the rehydration process and cleanse the digestive tract. The lemon contains Vitamin C, which will not only help your metabolism but will provide strength to your immune system as well.
2. Don’t forget breakfast. Often referred to as the most important meal of the day, you don’t want to miss the chance to get your digestive system in gear before you leave the house in the morning. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate affair, and even something snack-sized will do the trick.
3. Drink plenty of water. Dehydration is one of the biggest culprits for a compromised metabolism. Drink enough water each day and you’ll be giving your organs and the rest of your body what they need to do their job.
4. Start your day with grapefruit. Eating grapefruit is another morning habit to establish, as it’s a metabolism-boosting food that is often recommended as a weight loss aid. Just be sure not to add sugar to it, and if you want to sweeten it up use a bit of raw, organic honey.
5. Exercise in the morning. Getting the body going in the morning can mean the difference between being in fat-burning mode all day, or stuck in fat-storing mode. Work up a sweat before 10am and you’ll be set.
6. Expose yourself to sunlight. This will not only increase your Vitamin D levels but will help you fall asleep more easily by releasing the right hormones at the right time. Vitamin D is an important vitamin for metabolism, as well as your overall well-being.