1. When he heard Michael Fassbender’s childhood nickname and immediately lost his shit.
2. When he gave this hilariously vain reply to a red carpet interviewer.
3. And this adorably humble one to Graham Norton.
4. When he was hilariously, unnecessarily smutty while riding a unicycle on The Graham Norton Show.
BBC / rebloggy.com
5. And then dialled the innuendo up even higher when he met Craig Ferguson.
Giphy / CBS
6. When he was asked how he and Michael Fassbender developed their on-screen chemistry.
youtube.com / BuzzFeedID: 8166095
7. When he gave a unique reply to the question: “Do you watch dailies or wait for the final cut (of a movie)?”
“Never watch dailies. Watching dailies is like looking at pictures of yourself naked and masturbating. Watching dailies is like masturbating in front of a mirror. Like, you’re going (moaning sounds). ‘Oh yeah, James!’”
8. When he randomly decided to give Sir Patrick Stewart a massage during an interview.
Patrick: OOOOH, JAMES! YES! MAN, DON’T STOP!
9. When he accidentally confessed to being a fan of Strictly Come Dancing in a quick-fire Vanity Fair interview.
10. When he lowered the tone of The Graham Norton Show within the first second (a new record).
BBC / rebloggy.com
James: “Apparently (pineapple) improves the flavour of your sperm.” Graham: “We’ve been on air for a SECOND.”
11. When he came out with the best reply to the question: “What would your circus act be?”
youtube.com / BuzzFeedID: 8168124
12. When he tried (and failed) to guess what “ROFL” meant.
MTV / GiphyID: 8165897
13. When he forgot his X-Men co-star Lana Condor’s name.
14. And then forgot how to speak altogether.
15. When he demonstrated what Professor X would sound like with a broad Glaswegian accent.
BBC / youtube.comID: 8166374
16. When he had the perfect response to some (pretty graphic) McAvoy-Fassbender fan art.
17. When he turned into a five-year-old kid when describing how much he likes operating the clapperboard on set.
“Ready? Ready? Three, two, one *clap*. I like doing the clap!” I like doing the clap on film sets as well.” “Really?” “Yeah.”
18. When he was adorably rude to Daniel Radcliffe.
20. When he found out Michael Fassbender had been making cupcakes for other people, and got quite annoyed.
James: “You’ve never made me cupcakes.” Michael: “No.”
21. And, of course, when he tickled Jimmy Fallon’s tie.
fallontonight.tumblr.com / NBC
James, you’re a Scottish legend.
BBC / Giphy
Never, ever change.