1. “Women are supposed to have long hair.”
@princessstiefel / Via instagram.com
Long-haired dachshunds are supposed to have long hair. Women can have whatever the fuck they want.
2. “Short hair isn’t flattering.”
@iam_alexiadlc / Via instagram.com
You tell that to this woman whose pixie is GIVING ME LIFE.
3. “Men prefer long hair.”
@chica_pixie / Via instagram.com
Tell me why this matters.
4. “It’s impossible to look feminine with a buzzcut.”
@aliswilkins / Via instagram.com
I see lies.
5. “Pixie cuts are so boring.”
@agniprasadaburning / Via instagram.com
Kindly see yourself out.
6. “You can’t be ~sexy~ with short hair.”
@miss_bloomingdales / Via instagram.com
Because a woman’s sexual appeal is determined by the length of the dead skin on top of her head.
7. “Don’t you ever worry someone will mistake you for a man?”
@de_voshka / Via instagram.com
So what if they do, tho?
8. “You’re just cutting your hair because you’re having an existential crisis.”
@tresswerkproducts / Via instagram.com
Sit the hell down.
9. “You looked so much better with long hair.”
@hocicuzu / Via instagram.com
You looked so much better before you started spewing the hate.
10. “Sorry, I only date women with long hair.”
@tweakboutique / Via instagram.com
And I only date people who aren’t assholes.
11. “Women with long hair are automatically more attractive.”
@sandrawebb / Via instagram.com
You know what else is unattractive? Being painfully heteronormative.
12. “But you can’t DO anything with short hair.”
@jasminelamb_ / Via instagram.com
Looking fly as hell IS ~doing~ something.
13. “Short hair is meant for men.”
@yo_its_chlo / Via instagram.com
Simply put, you’re wrong.
14. “Aren’t you worried about not being able to cover up your face?”
@mezmereyezbytonoi / Via instagram.com
Not even a little bit.
15. “But what will you do when you get married?”
Uh, get married? TF does that have to do with my hair?
16. Ladies, please, stop getting your hair cut.
@oliviagrace_mua / Via instagram.comID: 7866568
17. Let it grow long,* because that’s what society wants and that’s what straight, heteronormative men want, too. And that’s a great meter against which to measure your choices.
@androgynous_8 / Via instagram.comID: 7866665
*Cut your hair to any length you’re happy with. You have to live with your hair. Do what you love, you beautiful unicorn.